If you own a rental property, you should understand how crucial marketing is to attracting the ideal tenants. You’re passing up a fantastic chance if you haven’t used virtual tours! Providing virtual tours of your rental homes to prospective tenants is a great method to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. We shall expound upon the advantages of virtual tours in relation to the marketing of rental properties and explicate why each proprietor of such properties ought to capitalize on them in the subsequent paragraphs.
Virtual Tour Basics
A virtual tour, which allows prospective tenants to virtually navigate a rental property, is a computer-generated simulation of the space. Virtual tours offer a comprehensive and captivating view of every room, unlike photographs that just show a portion of the property. Virtual tours also provide potential tenants the chance to see how their furniture will fit into the house and estimate the size of the rooms and other spaces.
Virtual tours of rental properties are favored by a significant number of tenants, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could take a 3D virtual tour of it first.
Types of Virtual Tours
Virtual tours offer potential tenants an immersive experience by enabling them to examine your rental homes from any location without physically being there. In this manner, prior to viewing the property, people can assess whether the place meets their demands. There are three primary varieties of virtual tours available for selection: virtual reality tours, 360-degree virtual tours, and 3D virtual tours.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By piecing together multiple photos to generate a single panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours are produced. By means of clicking and dragging, these virtual excursions provide prospective tenants with a comprehensive view of a room in a single image. Rental property owners who are new to the realm of virtual tours should strongly consider 360-degree virtual tours due to their affordability and simplicity to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: In contrast to a 360-degree virtual tour, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour provides prospective tenants with a more immersive experience by enabling them to physically traverse the premises. A rental home is photographed extensively in order to make these tours, which are then assembled using specialized software. 3D virtual tours are usually reserved for luxury rental properties due to the time and work involved in producing results that are up to par.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: Taking a property tour through virtual reality (VR) is the newest and most interesting method. Prospective tenants can examine every corner of the home and stroll around as if they were physically present by donning a VR headset. VR tours, which were once uncommon, are now becoming more prevalent due to the increased accessibility of VR technology.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Let’s examine some advantages of utilizing virtual tours for your rental property marketing now that we’ve covered the fundamentals of them.
• Convenience. Considerable convenience is the most significant advantage of virtual tours. Visitors to your rental properties can take tours without having to interrupt their workdays or leave their homes. This is especially helpful for renters from out-of-state or abroad who need assistance setting up a time to come and take a personal tour of the home.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual excursions are accessible around-the-clock and every day of the week. As a result, prospective occupants are able to schedule tours of your rental properties without having to accommodate your schedule.
• Increased Online Engagement. It has also been demonstrated that virtual tours boost engagement. The SEO, or online presence, of your rental property in search engines can be enhanced via virtual tours. Incorporating a virtual tour into your property listing is an excellent method to enhance your search engine position as Google favors new and original material.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Now that you are aware of the advantages of virtual tours, here are some pointers to assist you maximize their use:
• Quality Matters. When it comes to virtual tours, quality is important. Use high-quality images and videos, instead of ones with low resolution or fuzzy shots. In order to enhance the comprehension of prospective tenants regarding your rental properties, employ high-quality virtual tour materials.
• Include a Call to Action. Towards the end of your virtual tour, incorporate a call to action (CTA). Motivating prospective tenants to schedule a showing or contact you for additional information is an example of a CTA, which can take the form of a statement or icon. Potential renters can take action and get closer to signing a lease by including a call to action.
It’s a fantastic idea to give prospective tenants a sense for your rental homes virtually, and virtual tours make that easy. Now is the ideal time to begin incorporating virtual excursions into your rental property marketing if you have yet to do so. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.